Saturday, November 20, 2010

NaNoWrimo D20

OMG only 10 days left!!!!!

I am behind, I have not even cleared 30,000 words and I am struggling to maintain focus.  I was on board, keeping and going over my daily minimums, running great, found a word war friend so we could run writing drills daily and then, BLAMMO! I got tripped up by life, or the end of it at least. I had to go out of town for a funeral.

"Life is what happens when you are busy making plans"

Well I did get to write, It just didnt get to count it for NaNoWriMo.  I wrote a eulogy for a friend who was struggling to put her mom, who she never got along with, into a light that wouldnt make either of them sound like raving lunatics.

After convincing my friend that "I AM a FICTION writer" and "I'm currently in 'give it the most words' mode" , She finally allowed me to help her.  It was perfect, not to squishy, focusing a lot more on casual stuff than epic events and not at all on the relationship between mother and child except for where my friend wanted it too.

I wish I could have counted the million or so tweets I sent during a cross country trip that lasted all of 60 hours from check in to final landing, but they don't count either.

So off I go again, back into the world, laptop slung across my back like a weapon, so I can type any time I stop moving...........

No comments: