Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaNoWrimo D16

We have just passed week 2 and I'm hanging in there.  I did prove to myself that if I skip a day (or 3) that all is not lost. Just write a few hundred extra words a day and I can catch up, usually just in time to miss a day and fall behind again.

I make time to write at work, oddly there are less distractions there  and I can break it up into smaller bites. 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there another 15 minutes later.  Then I can wrap up or fill out anything else at the end of my day when I want to just veg out and not have to think.

I have a lot to go back and fill in and wrap up in previous chapters and I am trying to stick to my "page a day" plan. I am saving the last week of the month for filling in missing stuff from the secondary character. If I am lacking in word count by that point then it will easily fill it out.

I am still running with a baseline goal of 50,000 words but I also have a "silver" goal of 60,000 and a "gold" goal of 75. Right now I am just shy of 24,000

I am having fun with this this time though. I have networked a bit with others who are doing this as well (some of them already published which is REALLY COOL!!). Finding a NaNo peer group has seemed to be the key to my personal success this time.

Well that's it for now.  I need to get ready to tangle with the TSA a few times over the next few days....wish me luck, maybe it will make it into my book!

No comments: